kujo

Demented Father-in-law with Alzheimer's trying to shoot my husband everyday!

Seriously my father-in-law, let's call him Allen, is trying to shoot my husband. Allen has been diagnosed: Dementia Alzheimer's Type with Paranoid Delusions.  My husband has all the guns locked up in a safe. Allen is trying to purchase a gun anyway he can. The Sheriff advised my husband to get consorvativeship over Allen. Please explain what this is and what steps are needed. Allen has become a threat and danger to himself and all that are around him.   Court is next week.

Court is next week for what? If Allen is trying to shoot hubby, it would make sense for hubby to stay away from Allen. If he tried to shoot him, call the police. If he is that unbalanced and a threat to others, you need to talk to a lawyer ASAP about getting him involuntarily committed. This is not a DIY project, nor an internet message board project. use the feature at the top of the page and get this guy off the street and into a secure facility before he kills some innocent person.

On 8/10/2017 at 5:45 PM, ElleMD said:

Sheriff states " he don't have the answer" because the CC office states they cannot commit a person with dementia. My husband had court this week and now has Conservatorship. Now what?

×
×