Sign in to follow this  
cd567484163

Driver suing over fender bender

I got into a minor fender bender in Oct 2013. I hit a car in front of me and the man in the car hit a woman in a van in front of him. The man filed a claim which came through my insurance company. No one filed a police report. The woman did not file a claim through my insurance company. My mother (owner of the car I was driving) and I just received a subpoena because the woman who was in the van is suing us for lost wages and medical bills for an extraneous amount of money. She tried to make a claim through her insurance company for medical bills and lost wages but the insurance company would not process the claim. What can I do to fight this?

4 minutes ago, calim.david said:

My mother (owner of the car I was driving) and I just received a subpoena because the woman who was in the van is suing us for lost wages and medical bills for an extraneous amount of money.

An extraneous amount of money?  Huh?  Also, are you sure you received a subpoena and not a summons?  If she's suing you, a summons would be far more likely.

5 minutes ago, calim.david said:

What can I do to fight this?

You need to notify whoever was your liability insurance carrier at the time of the accident.  Your insurer will hire an attorney to defend you.  Given that the accident took place nearly four years ago, you should have little trouble getting it dismissed because of the statute of limitations.