woodstock_59

appeal for sentence reduction

My court appointed lawyer is handling my appeal for a motion that was denied on sentence reduction. I had received a 6 year sentence at 50% I have already completed my time when my appeal was finally brought back to court. the states attorney has offered me to wipe clean the court fees of almost $400.00. I refused that offer and want to continue with the reduction of my sentence. today in court my lawyer and the states attorney had their pow-wow. my lawyer tells me that if I peruse with my decision and win my appeal that the IDOC could order me to go back to prison and do an additional 60 days. how is this right? can it really be done? I have completed my sentence already. my goal is to have the sentence reduced to a 3 year sentence which would change my parole time from 2 years to one year. my parole officer has already said to me that she would cut my parole time in half. if I win (like I should) that would be 6 months, I have already got that in. so my goal is to be released from parole. but now the states attorney is threatening me with this IDOC thing. is there a case I can refer to that would benefit me?  any help would be grateful. and could that help be sent to my E-mail addy. mcgrew_59@yahoo.com ( I am 58 years old I don't need to do another day locked up. I would loss everything I have gained while released. car, apartment, credit. back to zero. I need your help. thank you. 

23 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

I can't imagine how the folks on this message board would possibly be better equipped to advise you than your attorney.

he told me that he has never heard of this and needs to research it. before I was sentenced he said that a bond reduction was in the bag. so I sold my Jaguar (1988 xjs 12 cylinder) to make it. in court I was denied the reduction. now know more Jaguar, and I got 2 yr.'s more than he said I would get. so I just don't trust the man. (think he may work for the states attorney). 

Your defense lawyer does not work for the states attorney. That isn't how it works. Your attorney also can not guarantee how another party (the judge) will rule. He can guess based on past cases, but there i no way to know for sure how another party will act.