stacytheone

left in a cell for more then 24

i was left in a jail cell, from roughly 545 am on 6\28 till 130 pm on 6/29. i was only let out of the cell for 30 minutes, to be booked in at230am. then got put back in till 130pm on the 29th. where i went to court and got a "PR" personal recoginaze bond. 

for the booking procces fingerprinting medical questionaire and change into county clothes. yes the cell had a toielt and i have meals drop thro the door. 

but i thought the laws was you had to have one hour out of your cell.

8 hours ago, stacytheone said:

i thought the laws was you had to have one hour out of your cell.

Why did you think that?  Did someone tell you this?  If so, who told you?  If not, did you just make it up?

Especially if you're being held at a sheriff's office, where exactly do you think you're going to go?  It's not like they're going to let you go hang out at the IHOP or the Chili's.

It isn't clear what you believe you should have been permitted out of your cell to do, but there is no requirement that you be offered "recess". Those incarcerated long term might have the ability to earn privileges to go to the prison library or TV room, or whatever. You were there a little over 24 hours. Those things do not exist.

11 hours ago, stacytheone said:

isnt it illegal to be fored to stay in a cell 24 hours of tthe day 

There's a process involved here.After arrest,you then had to be booked into the jail.At that point,you might have been givena chance to make bond before being placed in "general population."Only after you were booked,and not able to make bond,would you have then been placed in general population,and allowed as much freedom outside of your cell as they allow.

It's jail,and they do it their way,not yours.