BARBIE76134

I need to change medical provider I was given

I was given a medical provider for my work injury last Feb 2016.  

He has refused to do surgery on my foot for tarsel tunnel since the testing done by another dr office shows injury on other side of foot.  He referred me to another dr for 2nd opinion who concluded I do in fact have tarsel tunnel in side of foot with pain and I want that dr to do the surgery.  this has been a extremely long year and a half waiting and waiting.  I was told by Workers Comp insurance I can not have the 2nd dr do the surgery since the 1st dr is my dr provided.  I dont feel he is completely competent to help me.  I feel I am just a paycheck to him.  How can I get this surgery by the dr I know is going to get my results and get me back to work?

If you are looking for a law or a legal concept that will force the workers comp commission to change your doctor, there isn't one. You either go with the doctor you were assigned, you hire a workers comp lawyer to act as your advocate or your pay for the surgery yourself.

17 hours ago, BARBIE76134 said:

i cant afford a lawyer.  Can anyone show me info on how I can proceed please?

Worker Compensation attorneys generally work on contingency and I think they get 20% of whatever they get for you.

Make some calls.

Agree with cbg as to your three choices.