Sign in to follow this  
chicagodan

landlord harassment with service dog

we have been renting for 3yr's and never been late with rent, My nine-year old daughter has juvenile diabetes so the Doctor told us that it would be a good idea to get her a dog as a companion to help her cope with stress. So that's what we did when out and got her a dog and had him certified as a service dog legally and presented the paperwork to the apartment complex. Now it's been about 6 month and started getting notices from the office that my daughter is not picking up after the dog (did I mention that they didn't say you're daughter , they actually send a letter that stated her name and that she is not picking up after the dog and that I'm going to be charged $50 fine  ) which is  not true and the office tell me that they had numerous complaints from four different people that's what they are saying. When I ask for proof of this allegations they said nothing. I do have a neighbor that lives  next to me and they don't like dogs. What can I do because this feels like  harassment to me. Do I get rid-off the dog or Do I fight this? 

15 hours ago, chicagodan said:

Now it's been about 6 month and started getting notices from the office that my daughter is not picking up after the dog . . . and that I'm going to be charged $50 fine  ) which is  not true

I assume you're saying it's not true that your daughter isn't picking up after the dog.  Are you with her at all times when she is out with the dog?  If not, then you cannot know with certainty that she always picks up after it.

15 hours ago, chicagodan said:

What can I do because this feels like  harassment to me. Do I get rid-off the dog or Do I fight this?

I'm not sure what there is to "fight," and it's not apparent from your post that any unreasonable "harassment" is occurring.  Obviously, you need to make sure that your daughter understands the importance of picking up after the dog and that she always has bags for that purpose when she is out with the dog.  As far as random neighbor complaints, without any detail, there isn't much anyone here can say.