So I got in an minor accident fender bender. And there was no police report no pictures taken only exchanged name and numbers and went our ways three days later she texted saying that her trunk does not open and tail light is out. But I did not hit her that hard and when we were looking at each others cars I only made a little scratch on her car and my license plate is a little bent on my car. What do I do?

Agree. Pay it. You rear ended her. You are liable. Your opinion of what it takes to cause damage is irrelevant. She's got you over a barrel. Just make sure you get her to sign a release. You can find samples on line. Be thankful she's not claiming injury although that could still happen and you'll be up crap's creek.

You also want to make sure the rental company doesn't get wind of this or your girlfriend will end up paying the rental car for repairs and loss of use and who knows what else since I'll bet you weren't listed as an authorized driver on the car rental contract.

7 hours ago, jafuvai104 said:

I did not hit her that hard

What does "that hard" mean?  Have you done a thorough analysis of the accident based on the exact speeds of both cars and the properties of the materials involved?

7 hours ago, jafuvai104 said:

What do I do?

I don't know.  What do you do?

You have a few basic choices:  (1) pay the demand (in which case you should make sure to get a full release signed); (2) try to negotiate something less than $300; or (3) reject the demand and let your insurance carrier handle it, in which case you'll end up with an at-fault accident on your record.

7 hours ago, jafuvai104 said:

The car is a rental under my finances insurance

Unless you were driving without your "finances [sic]" permission, it is likely that you are considered an "insured" under his/her insurance policy.  Is your "finance [sic]" aware of what happened?  Is the rental car company aware?

6 hours ago, RetiredinVA said:

she may inform her insurer who will quickly discover you have no insurance and no driver's license.

I see nothing that indicates the OP is unlicensed.

×
×