tweetheart

auto accident

My daughter was in an accident. Her fault, no one was injured but both went to hospital. The car was in my husbands name. The insurance is in my name and the car was on my policy. My daughter  is an adult  licensed driver but doesn't have a car in her name and doesn't live in my home. Problem is my insurance doesn't want to pay because they say she was excluded but I don't know why. Now the insurance company is calling my husband wanting $30,000. HELP

Your husband is not responible for your daughter's negligence unless it was obvious she would be an unsafe driver.  That is called "negligent entrustment."  Your daughter is responsible for the damage.  He should tell the insurance adjuster that he will not be paynig anything so get lost.

To determine whether your daughter is excluded from the policy you need to read the policy.  You might also ask your insurance agent to explain to you why the policy excludes your daughter.

1 hour ago, tweetheart said:

my insurance doesn't want to pay because they say she was excluded but I don't know why.

When an insurance company denies coverage they must provide you with a written explanation of that denial.

While it is true that your daughter is responsible (and likely not you) she is defined as an insured under your policy.

Take out your policy and read it. Look for something like Part A - Liability Coverage for the following:

"Insured" as used in this Part means:

1. You or any "family member" for the ownership, maintenance or use of any auto or "trailer."

2 - Any person using "your covered auto."

If your policy has those provision, I suggest you remind your claim rep and insist on a written explanation of why they are denying the claim.

Then come back to this thread and report the results for further discussion.