Dudesweet1

Undercover Private Investigator

Working as an "undercover" private investigator in Tennessee. there may be times where using my legal identity isn't an option. Is there a legal way to for business reasons and my safety have a complete 2nd set of identifications....

Does this have anything to do with your prior questions about how you get a job when you have a felony conviction?  Developing a complete set of alternate identity documents could result in revocation of your probation or parole as the case may be if the PO discovers what you have done or attempted.  For that reason you should immediately stop posting on this public site.

If you really do intend to engage in private investigation, be advised that Tennessee requires that private investigators must be licensed.  Having been convicted as a felon does not bar licensing.  

No these are 2 seperat questions. I do not want and identity to use to run or flee or anything like that. I am guilty of my crimes and intend to serve the sentence. Let me give a little back history on me and maybe that will help. Yes I am a convicted felon but I am also a U.S Army vet and was an MP I'm good at investigation and related occupations. I just messed up and can't do law enforcement. But I'd still like to do Private Investigation and the avenue of working undercover intreagues me. Basically I'm asking howndes one work undercover using your real identity... Say a business hires me investigate there employees for theft etc... They would most likely hire me as an employee working beside the other employees. If I were to find out other employees were commuting crimes for my safety I wouldn't want my legal name known... Is there a legal way to accomplish this... If there isn't than obviously I will forget this because I DO NOT want to violate a 17 year sentence in any way

1 hour ago, Dudesweet1 said:

Say a business hires me investigate there employees for theft etc... They would most likely hire me as an employee working beside the other employees.

That's easy. You could make up a name and the employer could give you an ID badge, business card, or whatever, which would be all you need to identify yourself to fellow employees. The only one who would know your real identity would be the boss who hired you.

Nothing illegal about using an alias under those circumstances.

You wouldn't need, nor should you have, a separate identify with fake driver license or state ID, if that's what you are asking.

Once you become a licensed PI, you will figure out unique ways to hide your own identity when you are snooping.

I was a PI years ago. When I went snooping around businesses I carried a clipboard, made up a name and said I was from the insurance company. Nobody ever asked me for ID. ;)