Dudesweet1

Reduction in sentence and rights restored

How does a person convicted of a felony and on probation get there sentence reduced? Example. If I'm on 17 years probation after so long can I ask for the remainder to be commuted? And how? And after a sentence is served how do I as a felon get my rights restored?

I would assume you are on Parole not probation since you were convicted of a felony. You would petition the Parole board to reduce parole. Each state is different. Which rights are you interested in having restored? The chances of getting gun rights restored are slim to none, because it is both a state and federal ban. A state pardon, will not affect the federal firearms ban.Tenn Code Ann. 40-29-101 deals with restoration of voting and other rights.

Edited by doucar
expanded answer

In Tn you can be convicted of a felony and be sentenced to probation vs parole the difference is that if I screw up and violate on probation I don't get my street credit. I'd like all my rights restored if possible. But really I'm just looking to be able to go apply for a job and not have the felony hold me back.