found.law_41

Smoke Killss

I work in a 2 story building. I work on the 2nd floor. There is a AA group on the 1st floor. Every meeting all members come out and smoke. The entrance door of the building is open and all the smoke comes inside the building. the second floor doesn't have open air ventilation so the smoke is trapped. I have put signs up to smoke away from the entrance, but they continue to smoke at the door. I have asked to close the entrance door while they smoke outside, but they don't. Do I have any rights to breath air? Everyone in the second floor complains, but no one wants to anger an AA meeting. I have asked the people in charge of the AA meeting to enforce closing the door or smoke away from the door, but nothing. I was starting to belief I had no right to air, but I want to make sure first. DO I HAVE A CHANCE OF GETTING CLEAN AIR?

In what state is this happening?

15 minutes ago, found.law_41 said:

I have asked to close the entrance door while they smoke outside, but they don't.

Asked whom?

15 minutes ago, found.law_41 said:

Everyone in the second floor complains, but no one wants to anger an AA meeting.

I can't imagine there are AA meetings going on constantly, and my understanding is that they typically happen in the evening.  And why does "no one want[] to anger a AA meeting"?  Who cares if they're AA folks or employees of an online gambling company or collection agency?  Most importantly, to whom are you complaining?  You need to be speaking with your boss, and he/she needs to be taking this up with the owner of the building.  In the meantime, get yourself a fan for your desk.

×
×