sgonzalez55

accident

hi guys. so i was parked infront of my job got in my car to bring it in the shop to work on it. i left my parking spot and the guy on the stop sign made a wide turn and hit me. went through the insurance and now there telling me its my fault that he had the right away. 

In any future posts, please make an effort to use proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier to read and understand what you write.

58 minutes ago, sgonzalez55 said:

went through the insurance

What insurance?  Your own auto insurance?  The other driver's auto insurance?  Something else?

55 minutes ago, sgonzalez55 said:

there [sic] telling me its my fault that he had the right away.

Who is telling you it's your fault?

13 minutes ago, sgonzalez55 said:

who fault is it

The only information you've provided about this is the following:  "the guy on the stop sign made a wide turn and hit me."  But I have no idea what this means.  I've never heard of a guy being "on [a] stop sign."

17 minutes ago, sgonzalez55 said:

i was already in line when he made the wide turn ad hit me

What line?

You have to clearly describe what happened if you want any sort of helpful input.

19 minutes ago, sgonzalez55 said:

yes i do who fault is it and where else should i do i was already in line when he made the wide turn ad hit me

I suggest you draw a diagram and post it here along with the Google Map location so we can see the layout.

i was parked on the street, and i went to bring in my car in the shop to work on it. where i work there a one way street with 2 lanes. there a stop sign right in front of the dealership and your suppose to make the first left on to the first lane there. the person who hit me made a wide turn, turning into the second lane where i was entering from my parking spot, as soon as i pulled out and enter the lane i was hit. my insurance is telling its my fault that he has the right away.

If you pulled out of a parking space in front of a car turning onto the street, it is your fault. I'm not sure what your question is as the carrier has accepted responsibility and is presumably paying the claim.

Let me short-circuit all of this.

Ultimately, even if we had enough information to form an informed opinion, it doesn't matter what anyone here (all anonymous strangers on the internet) think about fault.  Your insurer has made a determination that you were at fault.  That presumably means that your insurer will pay the damages to the other driver's car.  If you have collision coverage on your car, then your insurer will pay to repair the damage to your car (less the deductible).  If you don't agree with the insurer's determination, your recourse is to sue the other driver and/or make a complaint with your unidentified state's department of insurance.

×
×