salazal

Other Insurance wants t claim only 70% liability

Question for you.  A car turned right in front of me.  I tried to avoid her but was almost at the intersection when she decided to turn.  Light was green and I asked why she did it and she said, "well the light was green."  After investigation, my insurance wrote and said I was 0% at fault.  Just received a letter from her insurance, Mercury, saying I was 30% at fault because I failed to yield.  What is that about...

Not knowing what the other driver told their insurance company, they may just be trying to save money. You have to realize that they owe you nothing, until a judge tells them that they do or you reach a settlement in writing.

On 4/19/2017 at 1:40 PM, salazal said:

Just received a letter from her insurance [carrier] saying I was 30% at fault because I failed to yield.  What is that about.

I don't understand your question.  Your explanation of the letter couldn't be more clear:  the other driver's insurer reached a different conclusion about liability than your insurer did.

×
×