Sign in to follow this  
scrowe57

workmans comp

2 hours ago, scrowe57 said:

Got fired jan 31

Because...?

2 hours ago, scrowe57 said:

they are saying they are not responsible for any benefits .

Who are "they"?  What does "responsible for any benefits" mean?  What benefits?  For what period of time?

I am now unemployed with a disability claim, and they are paying medical, they say now that I have been let go from a 20 yr job they are not responsible for any benefits. I am on drs order not to be able to pick up over 10 lbs. not to sit long stand long or bend over and over so I can not get a job. comp says if I do then they will not be responsible for anything

Medicals for claims continue even if you no longer work there, so long as the treatment is for the compensable injury. Lost time benefits are typically not owed if you become unemployed for other reasons as TTD is intended to replace income you lost because you were unable to work. If your employer was accommodating you and you were fired, you don't have any wages to replace. File for unemployment and begin looking for jobs within your restrictions. There are literally thousands of jobs that do not require lifting over 10 lbs. and which allow you to stand/walk/sit during your shift.

Workers’ compensation may apply for life, even if you got fired from your last job. All you need to do is to keep your medical records updated, so you can legally prove that you have not fully recovered from your injuries. An experienced lawyer in workers’ compensation cases may help you further explore your options.

Please note that my answer is for informational purposes only and should not be treated as legal advice.