dogcatone

State Ins. Using it in another state

My girl lives in A.Z, Has a house there & has state Ins. there and has her Doc. there. But as of right now she is in Cal. and it looks like she is going to be there for some time she is taking care of her father.He is at the end of his life and would like to die there in his home.

She has some hart problems she called her Ins. she was told that the only care that they will cover is emergency visit. We thought that if medical Ins. is a Fed. law that she should be cover in any state that she is in.

1 Should she able to be seen by a Doc. in Cal. & the state of AZ. pick up the bill.?

2 She has her resident in AZ. should she be forts to give up residents in AZ. just to get covered by Cal. State Ins.?

3 And if so what happens if her dad passes next week? Then she will be back in AZ. with Cal. Ins. The state of AZ. told her she will not be able to reapply to get State Ins. if she gives it up. 

4 So what dose her do?

I hope you can give me some answers. All of you have all ways been so help full and at the very lest sent me in the right place. With all of my question.

Thank You for taking time out of your day to read this.  dogcatone out Have a great day!! 

17 hours ago, dogcatone said:

We thought that if medical Ins. is a Fed. law that she should be cover in any state that she is in.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "medical ins[urance] is a fed[eral] law," but I assume it's some sort of reference to the Affordable Care Act (aka "Obamacare").  Despite the existence of the Affordable Care Act, most issues relating to medical insurance are covered by state law, and neither the Affordable Care Act not any state law mandates that medical insurance provide all benefits regardless of where the insured is located.

Should she able to be seen by a Doc. in Cal. & the state of AZ. pick up the bill.?

The State of Arizona isn't paying her bills even when she is treated in Arizona.  The insurance carrier is doing that, and she needs to read the policy documents to determine what is and isn't covered.

She has her resident in AZ. should she be forts to give up residents in AZ. just to get covered by Cal. State Ins.?

If her current insurance won't cover her while she is in Arizona, she will need to change coverage.  Whether she gives "up [her] residents [sic] in AZ" in order to do that is up to her.

So what dose her do?

She is free to buy coverage that isn't dependent on where she lives.