NachoBiz

Witness Tampering

Not too long ago I ran into the bro of a man I testified against. His charges was was attempted robbery and murder and possible sentence of 15yrs to life. Well he got life and now his bro is going around telling everyone I'm a snitch, rat and lied and not to deal with me and other things and now I keep having aniexty and panic attacks, crying, pacing, basically a nervous wreck. I am disabled, go to therapy for it, receive ssd for it. 

Is this witness harassment?

No.  Witness intimidation requires that the person act in an effort to keep the witness from testifying or to induce them to testify falsely.  The case you were involved in is over with.  It *might* constitute misdemeanor harassment depending on exactly what he's doing.  Bad mouthing you to the neighborhood might constitute slander but that's not a crime, that's a civil action.  Consult local counsel. 

×
×