Sign in to follow this  
GyspyladyJ

constitutional rights

I am on felony Probation and the Probation officers are harassing me constantly. Today they told me if I did not find a person they are looking for that they will return to arrest me . The reason they say is because another officer saw me driving someone to court in December or January. Neither one of those months are true! I never drove anyone anywhere. What are my Rights? This seems like extortion to me.

11 hours ago, GyspyladyJ said:

I am on felony Probation and the Probation officers are harassing me constantly.

Define "harassing" (and, in doing so, please keep in mind that you are a convicted felon and they have a very particular job to do).

Today they told me if I did not find a person they are looking for that they will return to arrest me . The reason they say is because another officer saw me driving someone to court in December or January. Neither one of those months are true! I never drove anyone anywhere.

This is all pretty meaningless without any context.

What are my Rights?

Like everyone else, you have dozens of legal rights, and it would serve no useful purpose to try and list them.  That said, as a convicted felon on probation, you have fewer rights than non-criminals and those rights you do have are subject to impingement in circumstances that would not be applicable to non-criminals.

This seems like extortion to me.

I suggest you google the meaning of extortion.

32 minutes ago, adjusterjack said:

If probation is too onerous for you, you are welcome to go back to jail.

Agree.