T7

Is this legal?

Someone I know is in jail and had a scheduled court date the other day. I got a call later saying that the jail never brought the inmate to court. The prosecutor said it was the lawyers fault. Im just not sure if this is legal for them to move you from the corrections facility to the jail for the court date then not take you. 

I doubt that there is a law against it, making it a crime not to bring them to court. Someone screwed up and may be punished for violating policy or precedures, but no one broke the law.

40 minutes ago, T7 said:

Someone I know is in jail and had a scheduled court date the other day.

Scheduled court date for what purpose?

40 minutes ago, T7 said:

I got a call later saying that the jail never brought the inmate to court.

Got a call from whom?  Why would someone call you to convey this information?

40 minutes ago, T7 said:

The prosecutor said it was the lawyers fault.

Are you saying the prosecutor called you?  When you say "it was the lawyers [sic] fault," what lawyer are you talking about?  The defense attorney?

41 minutes ago, T7 said:

Im just not sure if this is legal for them to move you from the corrections facility to the jail for the court date then not take you. 

Well...I doubt it is physically possible for "them" (whoever "them" refers to) "to move" someone "from the corrections facility to the jail" but not to actually take the person.

In any event, you didn't ask a question, so I'm unsure what the point of your post is.  If you're asking whether something is or isn't legal, you'll need to describe what you're talking about with some degree of clarity.  You'll also need to tell us the state in which this happened since legality obviously depends on the applicable law, and laws vary from state to state.