curiousvi

How to find attorney for loss of consortium claim only?

1. Legally separated couple in pierce county WA
2. Husband was rear ended and settled his claim separately with third party insurance company.
3. Since they are legally separated now wife's loss of consortium claim is still alive.
4. Insurance company is offering only $1000 to settle that claim and wife is not ready to accept that amount.
5. But when they tried to find an attorney to fight for loss of consortium claim its very tough.
6. Where should they look for such attorney?
7. At the time of filing lawsuit they were married and that attorney withdrew so currently they don't have an attorney.

Well I guess I can find here...but mostly lawyers are not interested because loss of consortium itself does not have much value so economics play a role...

I guess I have to look for a friend or pro bono who is kinda new and want to learn the tricks of trade

19 hours ago, curiousvi said:

1. Legally separated couple in pierce county WA
2. Husband was rear ended and settled his claim separately with third party insurance company.

Was the judgment of legal separation entered prior to the accident?

3. Since they are legally separated now wife's loss of consortium claim is still alive.

If the legal separation predated the accident, why would you think the wife has such a claim?  Also, have you reviewed the release that the husband signed to determine if it waives (or purports to waive) any such claim?

4. Insurance company is offering only $1000 to settle that claim and wife is not ready to accept that amount.

I suspect that's a nuisance value offer.  Why doesn't the wife think this is a reasonable amount?  By the way, are you the wife?

Where should they look for such attorney?

Who are "they"?  Only the wife is (potentially) in need of an attorney.  In any event, a "find a lawyer" link appears prominently at the top of every page at this site.

At the time of filing lawsuit they were married

Well...if they're legally separated, then that means they're still married.