Josiem87

Car accident

I'm hoping you can help. I was in a car accident on January 31.I was not hurt in the accident but my car has damages and can not be used. The fault was given to the other driver since he made a left turn from the right lane while I was in the left lane. The driver of the vehicle was driving a rental. It's been 4 weeks and every time I've contacted the adjuster about the claim his response  has been that he can't give any information. I rely on my car for work and I've had to miss a couple days of work due to this accident. Is there anything I can do to get this resolved? Do I have a case?

The other driver's insurance owes no duty to you except to pay the amount of damages that are finally established.  Has the adjuster determined the amount of damage?  Do you have coverage that would allow you to have the damage repaired and alternate transportation pending settlemant?

On 2/23/2017 at 8:15 AM, Josiem87 said:

The fault was given to the other driver

What does "fault was given" mean?  Given by whom?

On 2/23/2017 at 8:15 AM, Josiem87 said:

I rely on my car for work and I've had to miss a couple days of work due to this accident. Is there anything I can do to get this resolved?

It's now been 24 days since the accident (23 when you posted about this).  Why haven't you arranged to have your car repaired by now?  Did you report the accident to your own insurer (even if you didn't make a claim against your own policy)?  If not, why not?  You said you only "miss[ed] a couple days of work."  Does that mean you obtained a rental car?  Obviously, there are lots of things you can do "to get this resolved," but it would be helpful to know what has happened in the 3 1/2 weeks since the accident (beyond some adjuster telling you that he "can't give any information").  The bottom line is that, if the other driver's insurer is taking to long to make a determination of your third-party claim, you may need to have the car repaired through your own insurance, the result of which will be that your insurer will pursue the other driver's insurance for reimbursement (including your deductible).

×
×