Sign in to follow this  
V6091

Issue with a divorce gotten without my knowledge or consent

Below is my problem

1998 - My husband and I were married in India and we moved to US for job opportunity.  

2008 - Due to aging parents we decided that we have to move back to India. I moved back to India with the kids.  His parents started harassing me in India for a divorce since I left US and came back to India.   

2013 - I was diagnosed with breast cancer and my health started going down for more than a year.

2014 - I received a notice from US court filed by my husband. I wrote an email to the lawyer who was representing my husband giving my situation and saying that I don't agree for a divorce. I communicated with my husband too and requested that a divorce is not in the interest of the kids and hence to withdraw it.  He accepted it.  I hadn't heard regarding that case after that one time. 

2016 -  I went to Boston on Oct 20th 2016 to sell the joint property on insistence by my husband.  That is when I knew from the real estate attorney that the Worcester court has granted me divorce from my husband without any settlement / agreement.  My husband still maintains that he has no knowledge of the divorce.  I signed the sale because my husband said that I will be imprisoned in US if I fail to sign the sale agreement. I came back to India on Nov 2nd 2016. 

Since 2008 we have been in continuous touch.  He visits India and the kids go to US. We have two children who are school now in India. Now my husband is in India and planning his remarriage.  What do I do?

Thanks

I would suggest that you contact an attorney in MA and have them look into the court records regarding divorce proceedings.  Contacting your husband's attorney and saying you don't agree doesn't have any legal affect.  Your husband could proceed with the divorce without your agreement and when you didn't properly file a response with the court, it would be by default.   

I guess

I am not sure, if that applicable to US. 

in my country, the qualification for divorce decree would list a dozen of things, such as adultery, imprisonment over two year, incurable diseases, disrespectfully intimidating and mistreating, threatening father and mother in law, constant physically assault or mentally assault of other marital partners,

I would assume if that's possibly if he file the divorce in secret , where you r way on a journey, .Therefore, one would easily fail to respond mailing from judgment court for attendance. .....so it my result in default judgment, as plaintiff  unilaterally claims or statement.

so If one fulfill the divorce requirement qualification of marriage in my country as listed above, one would certainly has the right to through court , get a divorce judgment.  With that divorce judgment , one  is empowered to be marital status to be removed s both on Personal ID card, and household registration office and to be single..

8 hours ago, akulamasusu said:

in my country, the qualification for divorce decree would list a dozen of things, such as adultery, imprisonment over two year, incurable diseases, disrespectfully intimidating and mistreating, threatening father and mother in law, constant physically assault or mentally assault of other marital partners,

In every state in the US, divorce is no-fault. Anybody who wants out of a marriage can get out of the marriage.

V6091 appears to have been a victim of her own inability to engage in self preservation.

1 hour ago, adjusterjack said:

In every state in the US, divorce is no-fault. Anybody who wants out of a marriage can get out of the marriage.

V6091 appears to have been a victim of her own inability to engage in self preservation.

3QQQQ thank you ~ I learn new thing thank you ^^