Vega8342

How do I resolve warrant from felony probation

How should I get my warrant resolved?

I was put on felony probation in California in August of 2015. I got my charges and went to jail in orange County. However, I don't live in orange County. I asked my probation officer for a transfer to a different County on multiple occasions. She would not transfer me. But in Orange County I was homeless, on drugs, and out committing crimes. I had one violation and went to jail and got back out on probation. Still my po wouldn't give me a transfer. I finally decided that I wasn't going to stay down there and just get into even more trouble. So I came back to Monterey County. I was issued a warrant for my arrest a few weeks less than a year ago. I want to turn myself in and get my warrant resolved and /or get my probation transferred out here, or just do my time to get out with no tail if that's even possible . I called the monterey jail and they said orange County will have to come get me within 5 days but I don't know if that's what I should do. I would rather not have to go do any jail time if at all possible. I obviously haven't gotten into any trouble with the law for a whole year that's why I am still out. What should I do?

The only to clear a warrant is to appear in the court that issued it.  Warrants are forever until you do.  You could be picked up at any time, anywhere and held until OC came to get you.  If OC didn't come and get you, that wouldn't clear the warrant.  You can be picked up on it over and over and over.  I'd suggest you speak to a attorney local to Orange County and arrange to surrender directly to that court with an attorney.  You could have petitioned the court directly to have your probation transferred rather than just taking off....what the court will do now is anybody's guess. 

×
×