Sign in to follow this  
DavidTCasey

Prop 57

My partner is currently serving 4 years for a probation violation of UA testing dirty.  His release date is calculated in mid-March 2017.  He's never been convicted of a violent crime.  His original crime was in 2000 for burglary, got 6 years, became a junkie in prison, got an extra year, got out in 2007, was free for three months and then tested positive for drugs, got probation violation of 2 years.  Got out in 2010, out for 2 months, tested positive for drugs, probation violation and went back in for 2 years.  Got out in 2012, out for two months, tested positive for drugs, got probation violation of 2 years.  Got out in late 2014, out for 3 months, tested positive for drugs, probation violation of 4 year sentence.  I should add he was severely molested as a child and has never received any treatment for that or used it as an excuse.   He became a junkie in prison and the drugs were provided by a guard (would you expect anything less?) and so I blame the CDC for his recidivism.  All I'm wondering is if Prop 57 will make his release date any earlier.  Thanks.

Six years for burglary sounds pretty heavy if the burglary was charged as non-violent.  Are you sure he wasn't charged and convicted of violent burglary? If he burglarized a residence and anyone was home it is a violent burglary regardless whether any actual violence occurs.