jsweeting28

Overcharging for E-book

Hello,

I had purchased an e-book for a college course and I was charged $135.00 for the e-book. However, I do not have access to the e-book anymore because you only have access for the duration of the class apparently,which I found absurd. Additionally, we only had accessed for about 2 months, probably not even a full 2 months since the course was an 8-week class. I have never come across something like this when purchasing e-books. Is there anything that can be done about this situation? Is the legal?

College texts, whether in print or e-book, tend to be expensive. The fact that the cost is high, or in your case, that the e-book is available only for a limited duration, are not in themselves illegal. If there was something misleading in what you were told you were getting when buying the book, that might raise a legal issue of fraud or some violation of a consumer protection statute.

In the absence of some sort of specific regulation (which would be extremely rare), a seller of goods is entitled to offer those goods for sale at whatever price it deems appropriate and subject to whatever other terms it deems appropriate.  What would make you think this might be anything other than legal?