jsweeting28

Grade Appeal

Hello,

If someone who has knowledge about grade appeals could take some time to read the attached documents below and let me know what I can do about my situation legally. If my grade appeal is denied? My grade appeal was denied my the dean and now my case has moved to the Ad HOC Committee for review.

Appeal Letter to the Dean.docx

Statement to Ad Hoc Commitee.docx

GradeAppeal_Sweeting.pdf

I will not click links to documents or files submitted by someone I do not know as I cannot be sure that there won’t be any viruses or other dangerous code lurking within them. If you can provide the following information in reply in this thread it would help:

• In what state is the college/university located?
  • Is the college/university a public (i.e. a government) school or a private one?
  • Describe briefly the nature of your dispute concerning the grade you received. Why is it that you think the grade is wrong?

What I can tell you is that, in general, courts will not review grade decisions by colleges and universities. Courts are not well suited to determine grades of students — that expertise lies with the school and courts do not want to get in the business of second guessing grading decisions of colleges and universities. So, absent something unusual here, your only recourse is likely to be the grade appeal process that your school has. Once you have exhausted that, whatever final decision the school makes almost certainly will be the end of it for you.

Clicking on the links in your post brings up the following error message:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

I'm not sure what that means or why it happened (perhaps one of the moderators will chime in), but few people in a forum such as this are going to be willing to read through lengthy, external documents.  If you want to provide the information requested in the prior response (keying on the word "briefly"), we may be able to give you some feedback.