Sign in to follow this  
husnaina

Jail Booking Terminology for Arrest Booking

I am a student of Law and wants to learn more details about the jail booking terminology for arrest booking but I can't found to the point authentic data to seek knowledge.
I think for the better understanding of  jail booking reports for Law students or for the simple peoples they should know about the most commonly used terms and abbreviations.
To deal properly with the case and no one harras them in their life which force their life to the hell. 

The "booking report" is a sheet that has the defendant's personal information, what he/she was arrested for, by whom, the time and date, his/her mug shot, a list of any tattoos or scars and, depending on the jurisdiction, their fingerprints.  If you are referring to the police report prepared by the arresting officer, that is not part of the booking packet and it's generally written in plain English.

Hi @husnaina

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! From the link in your original post, it appears that you have already located some online resources which explain booking terminology. FindLaw also has great resources about jail and booking that you may want to check out:

Do you have a specific question for our legal community?

The FindLaw.com Team