Sign in to follow this  
Dezmarie1

DUI

So my boyfriend was just pulled over and the cop thought that he was drunk and arrested him. They took him to the station and he blew 0.00 and they blood tested him. They took his medications and his asthma meds as well. They also took his gun shells when he has a gun license and he can have deathly withdrawls from his medications. Is this even okay and he has a clean record!

They even impounded his car.. What should i do?

Edited by Dezmarie1
More info

3 hours ago, Dezmarie1 said:

Is this even okay

I'm not quite sure what this question means.  You wrote that "the cop thought that [your boyfriend] was drunk" but didn't provide any explanation as to why the cop might have thought that.  Therefore, we have no way of assessing the propriety of the arrest.  You wrote that the cops "took his medications and his asthma meds," but you didn't tell us what "medications" were taken beyond "asthma meds" or for how long they were taken or whether your boyfriend had the medications in the prescription bottles or other proper containers.  You also didn't tell us whether your boyfriend suffered any medical issues during the time between when the medications were taken and when they were returned.  Therefore, we have no way of assessing the propriety of confiscating these things.  Obviously, the confiscation of ammunition from someone who has been arrested is proper.

3 hours ago, Dezmarie1 said:

What should i do?

While I understand that you're obviously concerned about your boyfriend, this has nothing to do with you.  Therefore, there's relatively little that you can do.  You didn't say whether or not your boyfriend has actually been charged with any crime.  If he has, as noted in the prior response, you can help your boyfriend seek and pay for an attorney to defend him.