Lucci81

Rear end hit

Today I was rear ended by this guy who was clearly going for a joy ride in a beautiful Friday afternoon . The cars ahead of me were stopping suddenly and the car directly in front of me was following too close the other cars. I saw the whole thing and break with plenty of time and space (apprx a car's length) . As I looked at the review mirror, The Jeep behind me didn't look to be slowing down and all of the sudden he realized all the cars were at a stop . He slammed on his breaks attempting to stop on time as I hopelessly looked into my review mirror knowing he was no going to stop on time and I was going to be hit. Sure thing, as he tried to break and hard as possible and even tried to avoid hitting me by swerving to his left to avoid me , the speed at which he was driving and how close to me  he was before he realized he had to stop, didn't give him a chance to avoid me or stop on time . I was so shaken , this being the 1st accident I've been in . Within 2-3 min fire rescue was there,  before I could call 911 they told me they call the police already. Apparently The driver is a licensed fire paramedic, and they knew him. The state trooper was there 5 min after. He went and talked to the guy, shook hands and chatted for about 15 min before coming to me and asking me for my paperwork . They clearly knew each other (maybe from working on the field of - paramedic)  I provided him my info and he went back to talk to the guy . After about 10 min he came back asked me what happened and I explained to the officer , just like I just did here . He replied to give him a min . Went back to the guy spoke to him for a few more minutes and came back to me and said that the other driver was giving conflicting statements , stating that I was changing lanes and cut hin off and slammed on my breaks just to have him hit my car . REALLY ? Then the trooper proceeded to say that he could not ticket the other driver because our versions of what happens were different and there were no witnesses . Like the evidence doesn't speak loud and clear and anyone can clearly see my car hit on the rear bumper , mostly on the left side of the bumper were he tried to avoid hitting me but ultimately fail . 

Not only that , but in FL a rear end collision will virtually always be the fault of the  driver who hit the car in the front . So , this trooper didn't ticket his buddy , he obviously knew and told me to let the insurances deal with it . ! Has anyone ever seen of this or come across such thing ? I'm baffled . Since when troopers are not able to determine who's at fault in a fender bender where the back bumper of one car is damaged and the other car that hit has no damage thanks to the big custom bars and tires the Jeep has ? Witnesses ? What more fugan the evidence and the LAW? ! 

Any suggestions ? What is the law in cases like this ? Please help ! I am attaching a couple of pics of the back of my truck. 

20161105_003703.jpg

20161105_002543.jpg

20161105_003636.jpg

20161105_002543.jpg

The officer had the discretion not to cite the other driver, since he did not witness the accident. Why he did not, you are free to speculate and report him to his superiors, but don't hold your breath.  Let your insurance handle the damage to your vehicle.

Or, file a claim with the other driver's insurance company and see how that works out.

And, tomorrow, if the aches and pains start, go to your doctor ASAP for X-rays and prescriptions for muscle relaxers and pain relievers.

Judging from the impact you may be hurting for a couple of weeks and the quickest way to clear it up is by using muscle relaxers and pain relievers. I've been rear ended more often than I'd care to count.

Your PIP coverage should take care of the bill because in FL you are not allowed a personal injury claim against another driver for a minor injury.

Not sure what would make you think we need the pictures or the REALLY lengthy description that could've been boiled down to "someone rear ended me."  Anyway...

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, Lucci81 said:

Has anyone ever seen of this or come across such thing ?

Sure.  Rear end collisions happen all the time.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, Lucci81 said:

Since when troopers are not able to determine who's at fault in a fender bender where the back bumper of one car is damaged and the other car that hit has no damage thanks to the big custom bars and tires the Jeep has ?

Huh?  Aside from this sentence being a grammatical mess, I'm not sure what you're asking, but it's not the cop's job to "determine who's at fault," and whether the cop did or didn't give the other driver a ticket isn't at all relevant to you.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, Lucci81 said:

Witnesses ?

What about them?

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, Lucci81 said:

What more fugan the evidence and the LAW?

Ummm....  Pretty sure that "fugan" is not a real word.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, Lucci81 said:

Any suggestions ?

Report the accident to your insurer and make a claim against the other driver's insurance.

On 11/4/2016 at 9:44 PM, Lucci81 said:

What is the law in cases like this ?

Not really sure what you're asking here.  If you make a claim against the other driver's insurance, it will make a determination.  If you don't like the determination, then you can sue the other driver.

×
×