davidah982

Worker's Comp

I was injured on my job in South Carolina and was on workers comp, I was put on light duty at several sites and missed quite a bit of work due to my injury, the last place I worked 2 employees falsley accused me of cursing at them and workers comp was denied me because of a false statement saying that I refused the work site, that occured 3 months ago and I have not had a income nor have I been placed on another work site and in addition to that they took my insurance away from me stated that I was on fmla but at the same time I was working. What can I do about this?

You jumble a whole lot of issues together as related that really are not. Time you missed from work would count as FMLA. Once those 12 weeks have expired, you no longer have FMLA protection. That includes insurance.

It sounds like you have been terminated due to swearing at other employees. If your employer has two employees who vouch that you did, it is reasonable that they believe them over you. often, if you are terminated for cause, you are no longer eligible for TTD through WC. That is to prevent employees who are injured from getting fired on purpose to be able to stay home and get paid. Medical care should continue regardless. If you are no longer employed, you would seek another job just like anyone else. Your claim continues.

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation.  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

32 minutes ago, davidah982 said:

I was injured on my job . . . .  [At] the last place I worked 2 employees falsley accused me of cursing at them

First of all, what does two former co-workers accusing you of cursing at them have to do with anything?  Second, I assume you're talking about two different jobs here.  Correct?

33 minutes ago, davidah982 said:

that occured 3 months ago

What occurred three months ago?  As best as I can interpret what you wrote, it sounds like, three months ago, someone (the prior employer?) denied workers comp.  Then, in the three months since, you got a new job and got injured on that job.  Is that correct?

36 minutes ago, davidah982 said:

What can I do about this?

It's not at all clear from your post what happened, so all I can suggest is that you consult with a local attorney who handles employment matters.

Hi @davidah982

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about your situation at work. Agreeing with other posters, you may want to speak with an attorney experienced with employment and worker's compensation issues. To search for qualified local attorneys, you can use the FindLaw Lawyer Directory.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team

×
×