IMO you will be MUCH better off getting someone to do your "independent evaluation" who is NOT a relative. You can claim up down and sideways that your brother will not be biased but can't you see how much better it would be if the person doing the evaluation didn't have even the appearance of possible bias?

When you say, "let her go", do you mean, "let her off the hook for her crimes", or, "allow her to see her father one last time, then resume the trial/sentencing/whatever"? Those are very different things. Either way, it is up to the judge, not any mental health professional. The MHP might argue that she requires treatment and history shows that if not in custody, she will be non-compliant, which is why you are in this mess in the first place.

As for treatment, you don't get it both ways. If she is so mentally unbalanced that she climbs on the roof threatening to jump, makes suicide threats, and sets fire to her cell she needs to be medicated. I'm not sure how it is that you are so sure whatever treatment is being recommended is the kiss of death, but this is a sick woman. Claiming she doesn't really need treatment is at odds with claiming her lack of treatment is what led her to commit multiple crimes.

Frankly, if there is a chance they will let her go see her father, I would downplay your role in the journey as last time you were together, you willingly help her abscond. Your word that you will make sure she returns isn't going to mean a whole lot.

thankyou for the thoughtful reply, i understand what your saying, maybe my brother can refer me somebody that can do it. Believe me this is a most rare case where there has been so many unfortunate circumstances it is very difficult for the judge to make a decision . Its painfully obvious  that she is not a criminal she had made a few stupid and dangerous  mistakes in a short period of time . Mistakes brought on by the extreme stress of having her child witheld, losing her house, ect. To send a young woman who has never been in any kind of trouble in her life and who has so much potential for academia (graduated highschool as math major with a 4.5 gpa) to prison shouldnt sit well with anyone. The drugs they were giving her are even worse though they really mess with her memory and such.

You have to understand the way the system looks at this.  It is not her first offense. They are not dealing with the arson anymore, but with her not complying with the terms of her probation, so it a second offense and they are afraid that if they release her on probation again without treatment, she will reoffend, just as before. So the judge appears to be looking for a way to get her the treatment she needs, so she can successfully complete her sentence. BTW, its been a while since I was in High School, but no one was a math major in high school, or any was any course of study labeled a major in high school. Be careful, you appear to be continuing to oversell this situation.

they dont want her on probation , they dont want her in prison, they just want to know she is not a danger . chemically labotomizing her would achieve this but it would also tragically and effectively ruin her mind. This girl is very gifted in math, genius level she has so much to offer . As with most genius types there are areas that suffer and in her case it is her ability to handle stress well. I am not saying it is ok to throw fits that put others at risk. I am not saying that there should not be consequence for her actions . She is not your ordinary criminal type, and needs not your ordinary punishment . I think the judge and even the procecuter see this they just dont know what to do.

I once got in trouble when i was a kid at a time when my family was moving so the judge did rather than put me in juvenile hall or on probation they let me move and promise not to step foot in their county without permission until i was an adult. Im wondering if something like that could be worked out. 

Of course it serves a function.  It allows the criminal to remain in society and continue there life without living in a cell.  But it also requires the probationer to perform certain tasks to demonstrate they are trying to behave as responsible citizens.  When the probationer fails to comply with the requirements they can be deprived of the benefits.

seems like with todays technology there would be better ways to keep tabs on somebody. Doesn't the fact that for the last 4months she hasnt had any trouble and has been totally stable count for anything? That is what should be trying to achieve with any punishment 

guess there's no such thing as true justice . there is only have or have-not . the law is just a mechanism for lawyers, politicians, ect to make money off the tax payers and the unfortunate souls who happen to step in their webs....... sorry for the rant its just so frustrating when i think about this system  too much. I can understand why some people go "postal" .If i were to give in to my own thoughts I would probably be in a cell right next to them or worse.

its a broken system meant for making profit off the people from top to bottom . they do not protect or help anyone especially the poor and middle class . once a person gets tangled up with them its nearly impossible to live a normal life unless of course they have money.

Sorry, but now you are just making excuses for someone who did not take responsiblity for their actions and you are complaining after the fact.  As that great television philosopher, Barretta once said, if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.

I'm not sure why you are making every sentence a separate post but it makes it very hard to respond to all your issues.

I'm not sure what money has to do with this. The judge doesn't look at someone's bank account before ruling. Those with the means to hire top notch attorneys, be that money, connections, sympathetic cases, whatever, tend to benefit from that attorney's expertise but you are unrealistic in your expectation that with her history, a different attorney could get her off the hook entirely. She may have been a great student or a mathematical genius but she is also mentally ill and committed multiple criminal acts. Her high school GPA is not a "get out of jail free" card. It is irrelevant. Criminals are not just the uneducated dim bulbs. Her case really isn't all that unusual.

She is one a one time offender who just made a mistake and learned her lesson. She was given a break by getting probation to show that it was an aberration and she could reenter society and follow the rules and she blew it. Failing to adhere to the terms of that probation proved that she didn't learn her lesson and she can't be trusted to follow the rules. Not doing what she was supposed to and absconding was breaking the law. The fact that while she was busy hiding out illegally she didn't happen to commit even more crimes doesn't really help her.

I'm not her judge. I am not the prosecutor. However, if they truly wanted to let her off the hook, they have the total power to do so. They have not. So while there might be some debate about the most appropriate sentence, it does not appear that they want to let her go quite as badly as you keep insisting they do.

It isn't totally relevant to the law but you keep mentioning a chemical lobotomy. The term has no definitive medical meaning. The term gets thrown around to refer to any number of psychotropic drugs, particularly on conspiracy websites, but it isn't a "thing".

thankyou for the insightful response . I realize i am grasping at straws here and my own opinions of things are filtered through the love I have for my wife. It is extremely difficult to watch someone with so much potential get the life and energy beat out of them by the systems in place over a temporary error in judgement . I have witnessed first hand what those drugs do to her its not conspiracy theory . I have also witnessed what just good ol excersize diet and living situation can do for somebody's mental state. I truly believe  the latter is all she needs to re enter society as a functioning member but I am not a mental health professional and am most definitely biased. Its not just that money gets you a lawyer that can actually do something for you that makes me feel like its all about money. Its also the fact that if i had the money for bail they would let her out no questions asked. Also the same mental health pros that are recommending the treatment with drugs would be administrating the treatment so they have a vested interest in the disposition of the court . That just seems wrong.