Sign in to follow this  
conn61

mislead by sales man

I recently purchased a car didn't do my homework, I have only had the car three days but when I checked the KBB the car is a 2012 with a 103,000 KBB says the value of is 10,000 they priced it at 17,000 with finance charges the care came to 20,000 so I am wondering is there something that can do to change this I didn't check KBB until Saturday should I go back and make a formal complaint I voiced my concerns too the salesman by phone on his voicemail he has yet to call me back they financed with wells fargo

1 hour ago, conn61 said:

should I go back and make a formal complaint I voiced my concerns too the salesman by phone on his voicemail he has yet to call me back they financed with wells fargo

Forget it.

It's a done deal. You won't get anywhere voicing your concerns to the dealer.

They probably threw a party for the guy who sold you a $10,000 car for $17,000.

3 hours ago, conn61 said:

a car didn't do my homework

While I realize cars are pretty advanced these days, I don't think it's reasonable to expect a car to do your homework.

3 hours ago, conn61 said:

when I checked the KBB the car is a 2012 with a 103,000 KBB says the value of is 10,000 they priced it at 17,000 with finance charges the care came to 20,000 so I am wondering is there something that can do to change this

Of course not.  That you made what you now consider to be a bad deal isn't a reason to undo the deal.  Next time, do your research before you buy.

Let me ask you a question:  Let's say that you went to the grocery store and found some item that you weren't familiar with but you wanted to try it out.  Let's say the item was priced at $10.  You get home, cook it, eat it, enjoy it, and share what you made with a friend.  In the process of doing so, you point out that you bought the item and paid $10 for it, and your friend tells you that you can buy the same item at a different store for $5.  Do you think you ought to get a refund?  Alternatively, what if I offered to sell you a particular piece of property for $500k.  I make no false representations about anything and answer all of your questions truthfully, to the best of my knowledge.  You buy it without researching the value of the property.  After closing, you find that the property appraises for $300k.  Do you think you ought to get a refund?  You don't get refunds or to undo bad deals just because you failed to do your research before buying.

Also, and this is important, just because KBB says something doesn't necessarily mean you can find X-car for $Z.  KBB is not the be all and end all of things.

4 hours ago, conn61 said:

should I go back and make a formal complaint

I have no idea what you mean by "formal complaint," but you're free to complaint to whomever you like.

Hi @conn61

Thanks for posting! So sorry to hear that your car purchase didn't turn out as you had hoped. Sometimes there are "cooling off' periods, and it might be possible for you to get out of your sale, however, often that period is quite brief and it may now be too late. We have some helpful resources on this topic that you may want to check out:

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team