Sign in to follow this  
Phenomicon

Clemency

I am looking to see how frequently people in the western states receive some form of clemency. I am applying soon, and hope that someone can help give me some info on what might help my petition out, in terms of what I could include in that packet. Thanks!

Let me be more specific. I am a first time offender, have no criminal record, and was sentenced to a large amount of time because of a district attorney's agenda to get elected to a higher position -which he did after our case. There were several people involved in my case, and most of those people received a lot less time than me, like 20 years less than me. I believe that I should have received time, just not as much as I got. I need to put a packet together that will convince the governor, as my family and many others believe, that I am a changed woman and should be considered for early release. What should I include in my packet?

My bad I missed it. you can read the following: www.recordgone.com/templates/default/pdf/Oregon-Pardon-Application.pdf Unfortunately, no Oregon attorney's follow these boards regularly, so you may have to speak to one in Oregon who has done this before.

On 10/22/2016 at 7:04 PM, Phenomicon said:

I am looking to see how frequently people in the western states receive some form of clemency.

Which "western states"?  And, if you're in Oregon, why would make a hoot of difference how frequently folks in New Mexico receive clemency?

On 10/22/2016 at 7:04 PM, Phenomicon said:

I am applying soon, and hope that someone can help give me some info on what might help my petition out, in terms of what I could include in that packet.

I doubt raw statistics that have nothing to do with you (and esp. statistics relating to other states) will be of any value.

14 hours ago, Phenomicon said:

What should I include in my packet?

No one from Oregon follows these boards (AFAIK).  The best thing to do would be to consult with a local attorney.

Hi @Phenomicon

Welcome and thanks for your post! Looks like you've already gotten some great input from the community. As others have mentioned, you may want to consider working with an attorney to ensure that your application for clemency has all the most effective elements. For a free consultation with a criminal attorney, click here, or you can use the FindLaw Lawyer Directory to search by city and state.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team