Sign in to follow this  
Victorious2

HOA

I am writing and need answers to an issue I have with my HOA.  Last year they (HOA) assessed a lien fee as stated we didn't pay back in 2012.  Prior to making the full payment because we didn't hear about this lien in 2015.  I wanted to ask the HOA Atty a question and dispute the additional fees.  I had no idea the HOA atty would charge us an additional fees for inquiry.  The fees continued to be added not just a few hundred dollars but $600.  My intention was not to find service but to inquiry about a debt owed.  This is indeed a catch 22 situation.  We also attempted to make the payment and it was refused, then again additional atty fees were applied.   I need help?  now another lien was placed on my home all because of my why? to the HOA atty? 

17 minutes ago, Victorious2 said:

Last year they assessed a lien fee as stated we didn't pay back in 2012 but then they stated 2014, we have the paper working showing the lien was removed.

The (poor) grammar of this sentence makes it really difficult to understand.

18 minutes ago, Victorious2 said:

I wanted to ask the Atty a question and dispute the fee.

What attorney?

I had no idea they would charge us an additional fee for inquiry.

Who are "they"?

I am not sure of the bylaws

You received a copy of the by-laws when you bought your home, right?  Have you looked at them...ever?

19 minutes ago, Victorious2 said:

what is going on?

I haven't the slightest idea because your post is written in a manner that makes it virtually impossible to understand what you're saying.  Try reading your post is if you were a third-party who knew nothing about your situation and see if you find it intelligible.  That said, it appears you have a dispute relating to documents that we have not read and have no ability to read.

In the second thread you started, you asked, "Can an HOA atty start charging you fees for inquiring about a balance you are disputing?"  The answer is yes.  You'll need to review the by-laws/CC&Rs to determine if it is legally appropriate.