Momraringtogo

Visitation petition questions

On 10/16/2016 at 7:59 AM, Momraringtogo said:

Can you enter a petition for visitation when there is already an order in place be that custody or guardianship?

This question doesn't make much of any sense.  First, I'm not sure what "enter a petition" means.  Petitions are filed or submitted, not "entered."  Second, I'm not sure what order in place be that custody or guardianship" means.

Perhaps you might want to give us a brief paragraph or two of context.

Again, perhaps you might want to give us a brief paragraph or two of context.

For example, it sounds like, at some point in the past, a court entered an order establishing a guardianship.  Correct?  If so, what is your relationship to the situation?  Is the ward (although I think New York uses a different term for the person who is subject to the guardianship) your child?  What, if anything, does the court's order say about visitation.

The bottom line is that, if you want something about the existing order changed, you will have to ask the court to change it.

I am the mother to the two children. Yes the court established guardianship. The judge left it up to me and the other party to make a visitation agreement. But since then I have not been allowed to speak with the children or see them. The other party who has the children keeps making excuses. When I call she doesn't answer when I arrange to see the kids she keeps telling me they have plans.