chasef123

Liability Dispute

Hello, 

I was recently involved in a non-injury traffic accident in Atlanta, GA. I was traveling through an intersection when a car ran a red light and hit me. The other driver claims that she had a green light as well. No witnesses. 

The police were called and they put the other driver at fault in their report. After she hit my car, I was redirected and rolled through 3 lanes of apposing traffic. Because this is such a busy intersection and my car did not hit a car coming the opposite direction, the officer determined that the other driver ran the red light. 

I filed a claim with the other driver's insurance on the same day of the accident. After over a month of no one returning my calls, I received a call from the agent informing me that they were denying liability. I only have liability on my policy, so I am not covered by my insurance. 

Any suggestions for what I should do next? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank You, 

Chase

1 hour ago, chasef123 said:

No witnesses.

I assume what you really meant is that none of the other witnesses stopped to give statements.  If you "rolled through 3 lanes of apposing [sic] traffic [in] a busy intersection," there certainly were other witnesses.

Because this is such a busy intersection and my car did not hit a car coming the opposite direction, the officer determined that the other driver ran the red light.

That's rather specious logic.

Any suggestions for what I should do next?

Since the other driver's insurer denied the claim, your only recourse is to sue.

Hi @chasef123

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! So sorry to hear about your car accident. We have some helpful materials about car accidents and car accident liability that you may want to check out. You may also want to speak with an Atlanta car accident attorney about filing a lawsuit.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team