flawdagrl

master tenant failed to pay rent

The so called master tenant  failed to pay rent to landlord... Now he is personally trying to evict  me because I refuse to give him any more money because he can't be trusted... He has received notice  to be out by end of month... Can he evict  me after he was served... When he's the whole reason we are being  evicted  to being with... I was current on my rent until he got  the notice to comply.. Even after that  I paid him again... but haven't since September 7 2016......because he never complied with the notice... Help

46 minutes ago, flawdagrl said:

Now he is personally trying to evict  me

Does this mean he has given you a proper eviction notice under Colorado law?  If not, what exactly does this mean?  If so, has he filed a court action to evict you?

48 minutes ago, flawdagrl said:

He has received notice  to be out by end of month... Can he evict  me after he was served.

He can't evict you if he is evicted first.  Keep in mind, however, that you will probably be evicted along with him, unless you make some other arrangement with the landlord.

You better get in contact with the property owner ASAP.  If he gets a writ of possession directing the sheriff to give him possession of the property that means you go, too.  If you can't make an arrangdment with the property owner your property may end up on the curb.

Hi @flawdagrl

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! so sorry to hear about your situation, that sounds really frustrating. As RetiredinVA mentioned, you may want to reach out to the landlord immediately to discuss the fact that your rent payments were not being delivered. The master tenant does have the right to evict a subtenant, however, he has to follow the formal eviction process.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team

3 hours ago, flawdagrl said:

The so called master tenant  failed to pay rent to landlord... Now he is personally trying to evict  me because I refuse to give him any more money because he can't be trusted... He has received notice  to be out by end of month... Can he evict  me after he was served... When he's the whole reason we are being  evicted  to being with... I was current on my rent until he got  the notice to comply.. Even after that  I paid him again... but haven't since September 7 2016......because he never complied with the notice... Help

Yes  that  means that  he went a filed  an eviction notice.... On me and tenants down stairs.... He has been charging me 800 when the managers said rent  was only  500....but yes he has been collecting my rent since I lived here and I moved in in January of this year.. And he hasn't paid since June.... But has collected rent all the way up until I stopped paying paying... And my last rent payment went to him even after the 3day notice to comply he received ...cause he demanded  rent or get out... But I have been in contact with the property manager and even paid her first a week rent up until she said she couldn't take my rent anymore.... But IM just confused as to how he can evict me if ones current on rent and the only reason I stopped paying him was because he received that comply notice.... I could go on and on about this guy but I'm sure don't have that much time.. Lol 

Ellipses are not all purpose punctuation marks.

A tenant may charge a sub-tenant whatever rent he/she can negotiate and is not limited by the rent he/she pays to the landlord, and the sub-tenant's obligation to pay the tenant is not dependent on the tenant's payment of rent to the landlord (unless the sub-lease says otherwise).  The only limitation, as I previously mentioned is that, if the tenant has been evicted, he won't be able to collect rent from you.