Sign in to follow this  
cfr1010

Needing answer about parole

My brother is on parole in Texas. He is living in a halfway house. His parole officer has requested "a plan" from him to move back to the county of his conviction. Is this something that happens a lot? He would like to avoid this situation if at all possible. 

Please define "a lot" and specify the geographic scope of your question.  For example, are you concerned about the United States as a whole?  The State of Texas as a whole?  A particular county?  Please also let us know why this matters.

I didn't know that this would be a requirement, for him to move there. He has no family that lives near the town he would live in. That's my main concern, he'd be at least 6hrs from any family, that along with moving back to the place he originally was charged. I'm more worried he's going to fall into the same crowd and violate parole. 

You only addressed the last part of my prior response, and perhaps I didn't phrase that part very well.  While I can appreciate your concerns, I don't think it's legally relevant whether this "happens a lot" or whether it's the first time it has ever happened.  Your brother should speak about this with his attorney.

By me asking if this type of move happens a lot, I was asking if this type of move is common for parolees to be asked to move back to the county of their offense. I had never heard of this before, and I guess I can't see it as a benefit.