Sign in to follow this  
kitties10

Getting A Misdemeanor Expunged

I am a resident of Pennsylvania. I am in the midst of changing careers. I'm currently attending classes for this career change. Along with my coursework, I must complete an externship. However, I just learned that applicants will not be accepted into the externship program if they have been convicted of a misdemeanor. In 1992, I was convicted of a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge in Pennsylvania, when I was a college undergraduate. I was wondering if I could have the misdemeanor conviction expunged from my record, even though, I was over the age of 18 at the time of the charge. If I can have it expunged, do I have to report it on my externship application?  

Hi @kitties10

Thanks for posting! FindLaw has a lot of materials on expungement you can check out:

Keep in mind, in order to withhold this information on your application, you would have to successfully complete the expungement process before submitting your application.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team