Jump to content

Visitation and where to file?

Recommended Posts

Quick question:  Unmarried and in very contentious relationship with mother of my children regarding visitation. It looks as if the courts may have to get involved, however, I live in Brooklyn, mother lives in Staten Island.  Where would I file any court papers, in Kings or Richmond County?  Thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi @spawonderful


Welcome and thanks for posting. Here's a helpful article about child visitation and custody for unmarried fathers. You should file the custody motion in the county where the children reside primarily.


You may want to speak with an experienced family law attorney before filing your motion.


Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...