brejae4

Work comp misconduct

I work for a large hospital and recently injured myself. I had surgery less than 30 days ago. After 2 weeks I follow up with the doctor NP who was adamant that I could not return to work or have physical therapy until my next appointment with the doctor which was a month away. She gave me a do not returned to work note. Ok. After a week went by I thought about my medical insurance and who was going to pay for it. I called the work comp coordinator at my job and asked about using my paid time off to pay for my insurance since the check I receive wasn't much. The work comp coordinator had the doctor NP change my order to light duty so I could go back to work before I saw the doctor who was on vacation for 3 weeks. I had rotator cuff repair and one of my arm is in a sling. Of course he didn't care and force me back to work. The light duty that I was supposed to do required both hands. Needless to say, in an instinct I forgot that I was not to use the restrictive arm and re injured my shoulder all over again. What I want to know is there any type of way that you can report his conduct to some agency outside of the hospital? I do have an attorney but I want to go further because he lied and told me that my light duty would consist of just answering the phone and watch a monitor. It was much more than that. He was very rude and nasty to me which my attorney is aware of.

Hi @brejae4

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about your injury. Unfortunately, it may be that in hindsight you should have listened to your physician and not gone back to work fully until you were physically able. An employer cannot legally "force" you to work when you are injured with a pending worker's compensation case. Your worker's compensation attorney can discuss your options with you at this point.

The FindLaw.com Team

×
×