Jan58

automatic temporary injunction

If he purchases a brand new car during the divorce I know there is an automatic temporary injunction in effect. What can I do? Is there a law besides a Motion To:

Also, In his sworn financial statement, there is an asbestos claim with a question mark. How would I go about asking the courts to give me the amount awarded?

Edited by Jan58
spelling

Hi @Jan58

You can hire an attorney at any stage of your dissolution. As other posters have mentioned, it sounds like your case is quite complicated. Some attorneys will offer a free initial consultation to discuss your case. However, attorneys do not work for free, so almost all attorneys need a retainer before they begin working. Divorce can be extremely difficult and emotionally exhausting. Unfortunately, many stages of the divorce process can be difficult without the assistance of counsel.

Best of luck,

The FindLaw.com Team 

2 hours ago, Jan58 said:

If he purchases a brand new car during the divorce I know there is an automatic temporary injunction in effect. What can I do? Is there a law besides a Motion To:

The last sentence just sort of trails off here, but I'm sure there are lots of things you can do.  What do you want to do?  So your soon-to-be-ex-husband bought a car.  Even if he is in contempt, so what?  How does this affect you?

2 hours ago, Jan58 said:

Also, In his sworn financial statement, there is an asbestos claim with a question mark. How would I go about asking the courts to give me the amount awarded?

This is a phenomenally vague comment.  What does this relate to?  Details....

2 hours ago, Jan58 said:

Isn't it too late for an attorney?

No.

A Motion To: requires you to cite law. In Colorado they go by JDF number. I think that one is JDF 76.

For the following reasons: (cite any applicable law)

Edited by Jan58
added more info

I keep hearing "Get an attorney". If you only knew how hard I've tried to find a pro bono attorney. Everything I try keeps leading me back to the same thing. Colorado Legal Services.  They are not available. Colorado Bar Association sends me back to the same place as well.

Edited by Jan58
added more info

1 hour ago, Jan58 said:

If you only knew how hard I've tried to find a pro bono attorney.

There's no such thing.  Some attorneys occasionally do pro bono work, but a "pro bono attorney" would end up destitute in short order.  Attorneys have bills to pay, just like everyone else, and very few are independently wealthy such that they could afford to do nothing but pro bono work.

1 hour ago, Jan58 said:

Dissipation of assets or an Automatic Temporary Restraining Order- Does this prevent him from purchasing a brand new car during the divorce?

The automatic temporary injunction prohibits the parties from doing the following:  (1) transferring, encumbering, concealing, or in any way disposing of, without the consent of the other party or an order of the court, any marital property, except in the usual course of business or for the necessities of life; (2) molesting or disturbing the peace of the other party; (3) removing any minor children from the state without consent of the other party or a court order; and (4) modifying, canceling, or termination insurance coverage.  None of these prohibit the purchase of a car if marital property is used.

However, as I asked you before, even if he is in contempt, so what?  How does this affect you?