Sign in to follow this  
jbill

2004 HYUNDAI SUDDEN ACCELERATION

Our 2004 Hyundai 350XG, at 3 mph from complete stop, surged/lunged forward slamming into another vehicle.  Brakes did not engage.  I have only had the car 8 months.  I have read many cases just like this one on-line.  It seems to be a common problem.  I would like to prove that the accident was not my fault.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone this has happened to.

Thank you!

The way to prove that the accident was not your fault is to have the vehicle fully inspected by a mechanic.  However, given that your car is 12 years old and you didn't mention that this sort of thing has ever happened before, it is almost certainly not a manufacturing defect.

Hi @jbill

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! So sorry to hear about your car accident. Our Learn About the Law materials have some helpful articles about defective motor vehicle law:

If you are going to pursue a manufacturing defect as a defense to liability in this crash, you will likely want to speak with an experienced car accident attorney.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team