I recently caused damages to apt and have agreed to repay all damages, or dedutible for insurance. We agreed on monthly payments..Repairs were made and I made first payment. The complex is corporate owned and I have asked to have copies of all invoices for repairs and they are not wanting to give to me..Am I entitled to see the amount from the invoices or do I have to take their word for the cost.

3 hours ago, cblondee said:

Am I entitled to see the amount from the invoices

Yes.

3 hours ago, cblondee said:

I have asked to have copies of all invoices for repairs and they are not wanting to give to me

Then you can stop paying them if you want to.

If they take you to court they will have to show the repair bills to prove how much you owe?

Are you still living there?

If you have moved out, did they apply any of your deposit to the damage?

I just moved back in when I made the first payment..Can they evict me if I stop paying?  One of the reasons I want to see the invoices is they are telling me the entire apartment was primed and painted..I have pictures that say otherwise..I want to pay what I owe but not for something that obviously is not the truth.

The problem is that you agreed to make the payments based on the amount that they told you to pay. That's called a negotiated settlement and it's enforceable so, no, I don't think you are entitled to see the invoices because you already agreed to pay without seeing them. You should have insisted on them before making the agreement or the payment.

As for being evicted, I can't answer that without reading your lease and the payment agreement because it's either a side agreement not part of the lease or it's a part of the lease. Have to read it to figure that out.

I can almost guarantee, though, that they will certainly try to evict if you don't pay.

HI @cblondee

Welcome and thanks for posting! Adjusterjack makes some great points. At the time you reached an agreement on payment, did you agree to a total amount? Probably that would have been the time to ask for documentation of the repairs. If this is a corporate-owned unit, it is also possible that the repairs were performed by workers on-staff, so invoices may not exist for the work performed. Was any portion of this agreement reduced to writing?

The FindLaw.com Team

On 9/11/2016 at 1:46 AM, adjusterjack said:

Yes.

If they take you to court they will have to show the repair bills to prove how much you owe?

On 9/11/2016 at 1:46 AM, adjusterjack said:

Yes.

There was no papers signed and i did ask for the invoices and they were demanding i make a payment when i moved back in. The property manager told me she would have to gather them up and the next day it was she would have to talk to the vendor and the next day it was she had some not all and needed to talk to the vendor and i could pay one invoice at a time and she still never produced..so they have agreed to let me see them but not producing them..

4 hours ago, FindLaw_RE said:

HI @cblondee

Welcome and thanks for posting! Adjusterjack makes some great points. At the time you reached an agreement on payment, did you agree to a total amount? Probably that would have been the time to ask for documentation of the repairs. If this is a corporate-owned unit, it is also possible that the repairs were performed by workers on-staff, so invoices may not exist for the work performed. Was any portion of this agreement reduced to writing?

The FindLaw.com Team

No , no total has been said..just that i needed to start paying and they would gather the invoices up..I did ask for them on many occasions and i keep getting the runaround..Most of repairs were not done by their maintenance ..Nothing is in writing..I think my lease says i am responsible for fire damage..I am still moving in and havent found it yet