Sign in to follow this  
Pelikan_mom

making us move

Hello I live in a trailer park .( please no trailer park jokes)... my son who is 17 was attacked by a 21 year old with a gun which turned out to be a bb gun they painted the tip) and machete and a hammer.  the 21 year old was band from the park previously.  my son who is 17 ended up whooping the boys butt. we did call the police and made a complaint . the park then turned around after I paid rent for this month and said that we had to move out. even though they have wrote on the notice to quit that my son was defending himself. they have givin us 30 days to move. if I move quietly in the 30 days they wont put the eviction on my "record"  can they do this?

Hi @Pelikan_mom

Welcome to the Answers community and thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about your difficulty at your trailer park. When a landlord evicts a tenant, they have to give either 30 or 60 days notice asking the tenant to leave. If the tenant does leave, then that is the end of the matter. However, if the tenant refuses to vacate after that period of time, then according to the law they are "unlawfully detaining" the property, and the landlord can commence an unlawful detainer action or eviction. If the landlord is successful, the eviction will go on your record.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have additional questions!

The FindLaw.com Team

6 hours ago, Pelikan_mom said:

actually we were buying the trailer from the park. on a 7 year lease

If you have some sort of a lease/purchase contract (in writing I hope) you may have greater rights than that of just a tenant.

I suggest you take that contract to an attorney for review and advice.

On 9/10/2016 at 11:04 AM, adjusterjack said:

If you have some sort of a lease/purchase contract (in writing I hope) you may have greater rights than that of just a tenant.

I suggest you take that contract to an attorney for review and advice.

Concur.