Sign in to follow this  
BuddyJ

Driveway wrong by builder/developer

I would like to know our options to resolve driveway encroachment that the builder/developer placed 6 feet outside our property line? The builder/developer still owns the adjacent property (which has a newly constructed home) so is it possible that we get an easement approval from him? We do not have owner's title insurance.

We have lived in our house 3 years but this was just discovered by our potential buyer's surveyor. We are selling to move into a different school district. Thank you.

3 hours ago, BuddyJ said:

is it possible that we get an easement approval from him?

In the abstract, virtually anything is possible, and there's certainly no way for anyone here to rule out this possibility.

I think you need to speak with the builder and then probably consult with a local real estate attorney.

I ended up contacting the original settlement attorney who was able to convince the builder into a boundary line adjustment since it was the least expensive option. Builder believed easement might hurt the sale of the encroached property which he still owns. We're sharing the cost to do this as well. Thank you.