I was in an accident which caused me to have a penile fracture. I was rushed into surgery and afterwards I had several complications including bleeding and infection. Now two months after surgery my ----- is severely crooked and --- is painful do I have a case?

Edited by donniedjwjones
Better title

Whether you have "a case" or not depends on how the accident occurred and who did what to whom.

Obviously, if you got hit by a car driven by a negligent driver, you would certainly have a case.

I'm reluctant to even think about the alternatives.

If your question was do you have a case for malpractice, there is no where near enough information in the post.  Just because a medical procedure did not turn out as you expected or wanted, does not mean the doctor was negligent.   Take your records to a med mal attorney to have your potential case evaluated.

A case of what?  Sucks that you got injured, but nothing in your post gives any indication that your injury or the subsequent complications where anyone else's fault.  You don't seriously think that every instance of post-treatment complications constitutes malpractice, do you?

Hi @donniedjwjones

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about your injury. Whether or not you have any sort of case will depend on the circumstance of your case.

First, it will depend on how the injury occurred. Was another person at fault for the injury or negligent? Second, it may depend on the details of your medical treatment. Did a doctor's negligence cause the complications or infection? If so, you may have a case for medical malpractice, although, often complications and infections are unpredictable and not necessarily the result of any negligence.

If you think you'd like to go the personal injury route, you can click here for a free case evaluation with a personal injury attorney. Alternatively, if you'd like to explore if you have a case for medical malpractice, you can use our lawyer directory to find a local medical malpractice attorney -- many offer free consultations.

Best of luck!

The FindLaw.com Team