Buddyt

Bogus obamacare surtax

2013 i moved into my apt.tenants Lease agreement said $25.monthly obamacare surtax.. 2015 .Fox4 news PROBLEMS SOLVERS INVESTED GATED. said thres noo such surtax. Owner got $200,750..collected over the too yrs. I have filed a claim to rippoff report.. An attorney general office.  She gasent paid her taxes on property were renting . 80 units complex. It like were paying her taxes.  I wonder how much ea. Tentant gets bc. She koing it out of court.  By paying us.  $5,000.is tht fair?.. Our concumers rights bn. Violated.

HI @Buddyt

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Are you referring to this article about a landlord in Blue Spring Missouri who added an "Obamacare surtax" because she believes she is entitled to pass her tax increase along to her tenants. But, per this article, the landlord is not justified in tacking on any "taxes" of her own invention.

It sounds like there is a pending lawsuit. Is this correct?

The FindLaw.com Team

9 minutes ago, Buddyt said:

2013 i moved into my apt.tenants Lease agreement said $25.monthly obamacare surtax.. 2015 .Fox4 news PROBLEMS SOLVERS INVESTED GATED. said thres noo such surtax. Owner got $200,750..collected over the too yrs. I have filed a claim to rippoff report.. An attorney general office.  She gasent paid her taxes on property were renting . 80 units complex. It like were paying her taxes.  I wonder how much ea. Tentant gets bc. She koing it out of court.  By paying us.  $5,000.is tht fair?.. Our concumers rights bn. Violated.

This is my 2nd. Problem. My 1st lease.5% increase longs i renew my lease. $545. 2nd.yr. $600.. Just renewed should b $615.a mo.since owner losing money. My rentis $695.a mo.. Said all 1 bed rm.apt.s remodeled. Flooring. New dish washer. Stove. Refeg..$ 695.. Now i do not have thos luxury.. So rent should not b$695.a mo..

7 minutes ago, FindLaw_RE said:

HI @Buddyt

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Are you referring to this article about a landlord in Blue Spring Missouri who added an "Obamacare surtax" because she believes she is entitled to pass her tax increase along to her tenants. But, per this article, the landlord is not justified in tacking on any "taxes" of her own invention.

The FindLaw.com Team

Yes . perfect.. U can look up fox4 news. Tenants lease agreement.

Your only question seems to be whether something is or isn't "fair," and that's subjective.  Does your lease provide for the particular charge in question?

Edited by FindLaw_RE
This post has been edited to for violations of the Community Guidelines --Moderator

16 minutes ago, FindLaw_RE said:

HI @Buddyt

The FindLaw.com Team

Yes thre is a pending lawsuit. I dont think it fair $5,000. We receive by the end of this yr.

2 minutes ago, pg1067 said:

Some remedial English classes might be in order.

Your only question seems to be whether something is or isn't "fair," and that's subjective.  Does your lease provide for the particular charge in question?

Yes.. $25.00 monthly.. Now we know it bogus. She revised our lease.