Sunshine_Gal

Companies that supply information for a fee and then the cyber abuser harasses, slanders, stalks and spread true and some false to degrade the Victim

The internet is as evil and getting worse.  This has been going on approx. 2 years with a person living in Maryland and i reside in Louisiana and he paid a company to receive information on me to harass, slander and degrade me from the information he received from this company. I play on a game site where this lowlife puts all this information on table chat - everything from spouse name, relative with their addresses and phone number - even went as far as posting my neighbors addresses and phone numbers and from some he has even contacted them and told them i was a thief. I have never been in a jail and the information he is spreading is degrading and untrue. Companies as well as the harasser should be criminally sighted and the harasser both - criminally and personal injury. Attachment is just a sample of the length that C**** K*** will go to degrade me.

Edited by FindLaw_RE
This post has been edited to remove personal identifying information --Moderator

I'm not sure I understand the point of your post, especially since you didn't ask a question (and it is at least a little ironic that you chose an Internet-based forum to complain about this sort of thing).  The only legal wrong that I see in your post is that someone has falsely accused you of being a thief.  If such accusations have resulted in monetary damages, you are free to sue the person for defamation.

I first posted and then was informed to submit a new topic from the following comment:

Hi @Sunshine_Gal Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! You have piggybacked on a thread originally started in 2013. The better way to do it to get input from our legal community is to start your own topic. You can do so by clicking...

i was  just stating facts awaiting any guidance to help me end this turmoil. I want to know if anything has been done or can be done to these companies that divulge  personal info on people for a fee?  Also to the person that is slandering and threatening me?

12 hours ago, Sunshine_Gal said:

i was  just . . . awaiting any guidance to help me end this turmoil.

Well...it's not entirely clear what's happening, but you wrote that this is happening at some "game site," so one obvious solution would be not to visit that site and/or to change all of your identifying information at the site.

I want to know if anything has been done or can be done to these companies that divulge  personal info on people for a fee?

I'm not really sure what you're talking about.  The only "personal info" you mentioned is your name, address, and phone number.  There's nothing illegal about anyone disseminating mundane info like that.

Also to the person that is slandering and threatening me?

As I wrote previously, you can look into filing a civil lawsuit.

Is the information about you there posted permanently where everyone can see it or since it is chat, does it disappear after a while?

Send a certified letter (that states your complaints) to the game site and ask them to remove the information and give them the user name/screen name of the person who has posted and maybe the company will consider removing the information and perhaps delete the other user's account or at least put him on notice.

If you know the company from which he got the information about you, send them a copy of your complaint letter and ask if they have an opt-out policy where you can request that the information they have on you not be sent to anyone else from now on.

The threats need to be reported to the police if you have not already done that.