Of course you can do your own wills.  But, as I understand your question, you want to leave everything to your children, Then (you said "they") to your grandchildren.  That normally would require a trust, not a will.  If you leave everything to your children you no longer have control of it and can't require the property go to your grandchildren.  Also, there are easier and cheaper ways than a will to leave your stocks to your children. I suggest you spend a few hundred bucks and consult a local attorney.  

51 minutes ago, Moodygranny said:

I live in the state of Kentucky:)..Can my husband and I do our own will's?

Can you?  I don't know.  Do you feel you and your husband are capable of communicating what you want to happen with your estates in a coherent manner that won't be ambiguous to the person(s) who ultimately administer your estates?  Your post is not exactly a model of intelligibility.  If your intent was to ask whether it's legal for a person to prepare his/her own will, the answer is yes.

55 minutes ago, Moodygranny said:

We own our home and have stock  everything be divided  equal between our 2 kids .to do as they see fit ,they divided equal between  our 6 grand kids

This isn't at all clear.  Do you want the estates divided between your two children (which is what "everything be divided equal between our 2 kids" implies) or do you want it "divided equal between [y]our 6 grand kids" or some combination of those two?  This gives me pause about your ability to write unambiguously, which is absolutely critical when writing a will.

I suggest you consult with a local estate planning attorney.  Given the assets you described, a trust might be a better option.  Also, FYI, if you own the stock through any sort of brokerage account that has a pay-on-death beneficiary designation, then the stock will be distributed according to that designation and would not be subject to the terms of a will or trust (although you could designate your estates or the trust as beneficiary).

Hi @Moodygranny

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! You do not need an attorney, and you can make your own will. In addition to our Learn About the Law materials on this topic, you can review this blog post. If you and your husband would like to create your own will, we have some helpful downloadable forms that can help you do so. So long as you and your husband are of sound mind, you can prepare your own will which clearly identifies your heirs. Just be sure that the signature of the will is properly witnesses by non-interested parties.

Best of luck with your will!

The FindLaw.com Team