kscooter44

workmens comp?

i was employed retail fro 29 years..lifting up to 1000 lbs per day.. i am 5'6" wiegh 115 lbs... cooked in oriental woks and threw fright.. am a female too.. ripped all tendons in arm....went to rehab and therapy for 4 months , had cortizone shots,  finally went to a pain management clinic who just poked   and said was age related  ( 54 yrs old at time)  orthopedic dr. said i have no cartlage in shoulder   am working with bone on bone there..... and they closed the case cause of my age?

In any future posts, please make an effort to use something that resembles proper capitalization and punctuation (ellipses are not all purpose punctuation).  Doing so will make it easier for others to read and understand what you write.

On 7/15/2016 at 6:32 PM, kscooter44 said:

cooked in oriental woks and threw fright.

"Threw fright"?  Huh?

ripped all tendons in arm.

All of them?  All at once?  Or different ones at various times?  How did this happen?

and they closed the case cause of my age?

Despite your use of a question mark, this "sentence" isn't actually a question.  If you intended to ask a question, it's not clear what you intended to ask.  Therefore, there isn't much of anything anyone here can tell you other than that you should consult with an attorney.

Hi @kscooter44

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Sorry to hear about your work-related injuries. The community will be able to provide you with more legal direction if you set forth specific questions about your situation.

However, based on your post, it sounds like you may need some help with workers' compensation. You can review these materials from our Learn About the Law Section:

As others have suggested, you may also want to consult with a worker's compensation attorney.

Best of luck and keep us posted!

The FindLaw.com Team

What state? What industry, or was this work across several different industries? You mention retail but also cooking in a wok, which is not typically a duty found in retail. 1,000 pounds is a lot for anyone to lift. It makes a difference if this was 100 lbs. 10 times a day or 5 lbs. 200 times a day. For how many years did you do this? Did you ever suffer a discreet injury? Did you report it as WC? Are you currently treating for a known WC injury with an open claim? When was the current medical condition diagnosed? Was it while you were working? If your doctors opine that this is age related, or at least not the result of work, it would not be covered by WC. I've had a 92 year old injured worker so no, age alone does not bar a claim.  

I was employed by the county in south carolina, a patient fell on me and I suffered a back injury I've had injections in my back and two weeks after the incident I started having problems with my neck I was diagnosed with having a sprained neck and it was causing tingling down my arms but wc states that it is not connected. what should I do?

×
×